Impractical Jokers is a show that revolves around the funny and crazy antics of the tenderloins. They are a comedy troupe made up of four best friends: James Murray, Brian Quinn, Salvatore Vulcano, and Joe Gatto.
The tenderloins first met back when they were teenagers and reconnected after high school to follow their comedic ambitions. They fulfilled this ambition after their show aired in 2011. Here is everything you want to know about the cast of the impractical jokers, their wives, and their net worth.
About the Show.
Impractical Joker was a concept that started to take shape back in 1999 after the formation of the tenderloins. Initially, the group would do sketches on MySpace and YouTube before deciding to take their act on the road.
This would eventually lead to significant career milestones such as clinching the grand prize ($100,000) on a competition sponsored by NBC.
Nearly a decade after the group was formed, the tenderloins got the chance to pitch a pilot episode of the Impractical Jokers to Spike Tv. Finding a suitable filming format was crucial, as the jokers needed something that would appeal to their various skill sets.
The group eventually decided to go with the hidden camera method of filming, specifically designed to make their antics even more enjoyable.
Remarkably, the tenderloins shot the very first episode of their proposed series on their smartphones. Unfortunately, however, it was rejected by Spike Tv, who felt that it wasn’t what they were looking for at the time.
Fortunately for the jokers, though, Murr had connections to a production company that gave them a second chance on television.
The concept they pitched to Tru Tv was that they’d secretly hide cameras, then embarrass each other in front of unsuspecting people.
At the start, the jokers will give their audience an insight into what challenges they are about to undertake. The person who attempts the challenge will usually have a strategically hidden earpiece that the other jokers will use to relay instructions.
All four jokers will attempt to complete the challenge and earn a thumbs up. Anyone who cannot complete the given challenge will receive a thumbs down.
By the end of the day, the joker with the more significant number of losses must be punished.
Audiences quickly realized that while similar to challenges, the punishments on the show are far harder. Sometimes more humiliating, and in some cases, downright dangerous. The first episode of the show premièred back on December 15th, 2011.
Sal made history by becoming the first joker to end up at the end of punishment.
Impractical Jokers cast, Sal was forced to pick up fecal matter from a dog and hold it in his bare hand for about 20 seconds. The episode attracted more than 1.5 million viewers, prompting Tru Tv to green light 15 other episodes for that season alone. As of 2021, the show has 250 episodes, which are spread across ten seasons. Moreover, the Impractical Jokers also has 35 different specials.
Impractical Jokers Cast.
1. Joe Gatto.
Joe Gatto is a comedian who has been described as virtually shameless. His keenness to take on all challenges makes it almost impossible for the other jokers to develop a punishment creative enough to embarrass him.
Looking at his personal life, we learned that Gatto has one other sibling, a sister named Carla. She has also featured on a few episodes on the show.
The other jokers have often used Joe’s sister against him in a bid to embarrass him further. Joe’s father succumbed to extensive liver complications back in the mid-90s after struggling with alcoholism. This prompted Joe to swear off drinking for a considerable amount of time.
Long before he was a joker, Gatto reportedly served as a salesman at the prestigious Nissan Company. Before that, he was also a sales attendant at a retail store. Before this, Joe was employed at James Glenn Delamark Beck.
True to form, he lost this job after he was found fooling around with a jockstrap in the locker room. Fortunately for Joe, Q and Sal talked him back into comedy.
One thing that the other jokers often use against Joe is the fact that he is overweight.
In an interview, Gatto revealed that growing up, his mother had an open kitchen door policy. It meant that he was allowed to eat as much as he wanted. At one point, Joe got so addicted to eating that he’d even swipe baked goods while at a bakery.
Gatto eventually dropped more than 40 pounds after becoming a pescetarian, cutting down his meal portions, and exercising regularly. Today, Joe has nine dogs, all of who he named after Italian desserts. This explains why Gatto is a part of the ‘Adopt Don’t Shop Movement,’ which encourages everyone to stop buying pets from breeders and look at animal shelters.
2. James ‘Murr’ Murray
James Murray is a writer, director, television personality, and producer. Long before he became a comedian, Murr made films as a student. His very first project was titled ‘the Damned,’ and it saw Murray explore an alternate version of the bible story.
At the time, Murray was pursuing a BA in English at Georgetown University, based on the nation’s capital. Murr put his film aspirations on the back burner after college as he went on to be a salesman after college, peddling golf balls at a golf course.
He’d later rediscover his passion for television after signing on to work as the senior VP of development at North South Productions. This is a position he’d hold right up until 2018.
Interestingly, Murr boasts the unpleasant record of having been on the end of the most embarrassing punishments aired on television. For instance, James once had to get a prostate exam in front of a disgruntled audience. Other than that, Murr even had to dance on stage with strippers. He was suffering from an allergic reaction to histamines while on stage.
Moreover, the other jokers also like to use Murr’s phobias against him. In an interview, James revealed that he had both a fear of heights and sharks.
The group’s treatment of Murr isn’t surprising as they often describe him as the worst person (albeit jokingly) in the group. Moving away from television, we also found that James is quite the accomplished author. He has three books out in the market: The Brink, Obliteration and Awakened-A Novel.
3. Sal Vulcano.
Salvatore Vulcano is an improv actor, podcast host, and stand-up comedian. Growing up, Sal displayed a fondness for sports, which saw him compete in various activities like basketball and soccer.
After graduating from St. John’s University with a major in finance, Sal would take on several odd jobs to pay the bills. For instance, he worked at a pizza hut for several months, delivering pizzas before he decided to try a hand at bartending.
Sal tended bar at the ‘Full Cap’ before his career with the tenderloins took off. Remarkably, he’d even come back later to save the bar from financial woes by becoming an investor.
Besides comedy, Vulcano has also enjoyed a limited career as an actor. For instance, when he was in his teens, Sal made a cameo in the straight to DVD movie, ‘Damned.’ His only other role in a film came when he took on the part of Pinky in the comedy flick, ‘Just another romantic wrestling comedy.’
Remarkably, Vulcano is also an ordained minister who officiates weddings when called upon. In one of the show’s specials, fans were treated to the sight of Sal marrying off two life-long Impractical Joker fans. Moreover, he is also the one who officiated Joe Gatto’s wedding.
Sal is hands down a punishment magnet due to his multiple phobias (acrophobia, germophobia, ailurophobia). The other jokers enjoy constantly ganging up on him and coming up with creative ways to torture him. It is fair to say that Sal has not enjoyed the most leisurely ride on the Impractical Jokers.
These ranged from Sal having to dig through elephant poop with his bare hands to watching Murr marry his sister in front of his whole family. The most recent punishment the jokers have subjected Sal to is changing his name to Prince’ Lil- Dope Ass’ Herb. Sal has to use the name during his live shows and events for the entirety of the current season.
4. Brian Quinn.
Brian Quinn is a Brooklyn-born comedian, businessman, and former firefighter. He comes from a family that takes service very seriously. Brian’s father, James Quinn, was a decorated member of the Navvy. On the other hand, his older brother Jim would serve his country by enlisting in the Navvy.
In 2005, Q felt compelled to follow in both their footsteps, consequently signing on to work for the New York City Fire Department (FDNY). He’d stay on with the department for eight years before finally turning his attention to his first love, comedy.
Interestingly, Q also worked on a few low-budget projects back in the day. These included movies like Vulgar, Dogma, and War shots. Moreover, Brian is also one of the hosts on the podcast, ‘Tell ‘Em Steve-Dave.’
When he joined the franchise back in 2010, Q worked as an audio engineer. A few years later, he became one of the primary contributors to the show. It gave him the chance to work with Walt Flannagan.
We should also point out that Brian was not one of the founding members of the tenderloins. His friends only brought him on after Mike Boccio decided to leave the group. Q’s time on the Impractical Jokers has often been marred by injury and unfortunate incidents.
Back in 2009, for instance, he had one of his teeth knocked out by an overly aggressive German officer while he was on a European tour. Were it not for the other jokers bailing him out, he’d have spent more than a few days in jail. Other than that, Brian has also had to contend with several health-related issues.
During one challenging month, Q came down with a severe case of meningitis. This forced the studio to put the series on hold while he was recovering. In 2021, Brian also caught the COVID-19 virus, which meant that he had to self-isolate, delaying filming once more.
Impractical Jokers Cast Net worth.
Murr makes a good amount of money from his exploits on television and writing. As one of the main stars of the Impractical Jokers, sources say that James receives $50,000 at the end of every episode. Other than that, he is also entitled to a hefty chunk from merchandising.
The jokers sell novelty items such as stickers, custom t-shirts, and even hats. Another way Murr makes his money is through his work as an author. He has four books to his name at the moment, all of which cost about $10 on average.
Lastly, he is also a TV producer with over 14 credited projects to his name. On average, it is estimated that people in his line of work make around $79K. Presently, James ‘Murr’ Murray’s net worth is reported to be $8 million.
Sal generated most of his income from his time with the tenderloins at the start of his career. The group not only took their act on the road, touring various regions across America.
For instance, when they were in Minneapolis, it cost anywhere between $70 and $300 for fans to attend the live shows. Sal and the rest of the gang split their profits from ticket sales evenly.
Additionally, Vulcano also rakes in quite a bit of money from hosting the podcast ‘What Say You.’ The show has been on the air for eight seasons now, and Sal has collected a paycheque for every single one of them.
Moreover, we learned that when the Jokers first put pen on paperback in 2011, Tru network agreed to pay each of them $26,000 for every episode aired on their platform. After the show attracted more than 30 million fans in its first season, the producers doubled Sal’s salary. It means that currently, Sal Vulcano’s net worth rests at a healthy $7 million.
Like the rest of his comedy troupe (the tenderloins), Joe makes quite a hefty sum of money every time they take the show out on the road. The gang recently held concerts in places like Glasgow, London, Manchester, and even Scarborough.
Tickets for these shows reportedly cost as much as $100, yet it didn’t stop thousands of fans flocking to see them. Tickets for their Scoopski Potatoes tour also ranged from about $39 to $142. Besides that, Joe also has 11 credited roles as a producer.
Back in 2020, he produced and starred in an Impractical Jokers special that grossed over $10 million at the box office. The money Joe presently generates from the show represents a significant improvement from his earlier salary, which was rumored to be around $26,000.
As an actor, Joe has also featured in nine different films, including MacGyver and The Comedy Roast of Jesus Christ. At the moment, Joe Gatto’s net worth is $7 million.
Brian’ Q’ Quinn.
While a great deal of Q’s wealth comes from his work on television, we cannot forget that he was a fireman for several years now. Sources say that the starting salary for a fireman in the FDNY is $45,196 per year.
After five years, the salary and benefits package rise to an impressive $110,000 for every year one is employed with the department. Switching to comedy must have represented a significant financial risk for Quinn, but it was a risk that eventually paid off.
Right now, Brian and the other jokers take home a large slice of the profits generated from the Impractical Jokers show. The current deal allows Q and his friends to take home more than $50K every week.
Examining his work in business, we found that Q also has strong ties to Rubsam & Herrmann Brewery. A variety pack (18 cans) is available for $55 on the company’s website. Latest reports show that Brian Quinn’s net worth is estimated to be $7 million.
Impractical Jokers Gay/ Wife.
Is Sal Vulcano gay?
Since he is not married to a wife, a lot of questions have naturally arisen relating to Sal’s sexuality. The fact that he is open to taking on challenges such as kissing other men’s abdomens only fuels these rumors.
Things took an interesting turn one evening after Sal and James appeared on a Daytime Talk Show. When Sally Jessy brought up sexuality, Sal shocked the world by declaring that he was gay.
However, he was just apparently acting as a support clutch to James, who also came out as gay. True to form, the two jokers later admitted that it was just all part of one of their running gags.
The audience present was not exactly pleased, and the two even faced significant backlash for their antics. When pressed on the subject after, Sal insisted that he was straight and attracted to women.
However, it is pretty telling that Sal hasn’t been linked to any woman at all. Most of his social media platforms are solely dedicated to his work with the jokers. Vulcano even revealed that he is wholly committed to his career and has no time at all for a personal life.
Is Brian Quinn Gay?
The short answer is no; Brian Quinn is not interested in men. He was two weeks shy of getting married before things took a turn for the worse. The woman in question was Emily Amick, a make-up artist who spent two years working with Tru Tv.
Brian’s wife was brought on to work on the set of the Impractical Jokers a short while after she completed her BA in Theatre and Design at Ball State College. Back in 2012, Emily was even contacted by the National USA Olympic Swim Team, who needed to be premed for a photoshoot.
Emily was finally introduced to the jokers that very June and took a liking to Q in particular. Their friendship gradually morphed into a more personal relationship, and in time, the two went public.
Brian eventually asked the all-important question, and Emily would gladly accept. Unfortunately for Q, however, she met a man she liked even more and decided to end the relationship. In an Instagram post, Emily revealed that she is currently married to another person named Shaun. Interestingly, she was not the only woman that Q was romantically linked with.
For a while, he also shared a will-they-won’t-they type of friendship with his personal assistant, Stacy Patella. She worked with Q on his podcast, Tell’ Em Steve.
While Q wanted more out of the friendship, Stacy was very vocal about the fact that the two were just friends. Back during the show’s second season, Q stunned fans by revealing that the first woman he ever slept with was in prison at the time.
Is James Murray Gay?
James Murray has been involved with four different women, as far as we can tell. This is reason enough to believe that he is a straight man. Before he got his television show, Murr was reportedly dating a woman named Tara.
This relationship ended badly after James had an affair with a different woman. His next romantic dalliance would follow in 2014, though amidst extreme protest from one of his friends.
In 2014, Murr legally married Sal’s sister, Jenna Vulcano. This was, of course, a punishment set up for Sal during the series’ third season. However, the papers signed on that day were authentic. This means that for at least 24 hours, Murray was legally Sal’s brother-in-law.
Fortunately for the latter, the marriage was annulled shortly after. In 2018, Murr met a woman who changed his life completely. He was at a party for his latest sci-fi release, Awakened, when he ran into Melyssa Davies. She is a former nursing student who presently works in the field of hospice care.
They hit it off instantly, and by the end of the first night, made plans to see each other again. In an interview, James revealed that Davies waited at least three months before arranging the date.
He was on pins and needles before they met up again and so chose his favorite restaurant, Buddakan, as the venue for their first date. In a couple of months, things had gotten so serious to the point that Melyssa and Murr were going on a week’s vacation to Turk’s and Caicos.
The pair would eventually acquire a house together, and Murr used this momentous occasion as an opportunity to pop the question finally.
Remarkably, he asked the all-important question on a scrabble board (which most fans will know is one of his favorite board games).
Unsurprisingly, Melyssa said yes, and they tied the knot quickly after in September 2020. One interesting detail about the ceremony is that Joe Gatto officiated it.
Is Joe Gatto Gay?
No, Joe Gatto is not gay. Much like the other jokers, he is exclusively attracted to women. Gatto has had a wife for several years now.
She’d even make a guest appearance on the Impractical Jokers during one of Joe’s challenges. (Gatto lost after admitting that he couldn’t kiss another woman in front of his wife).
He and Bessy first ran into each other back in 2009. She is a 39-year-old influencer and animals right activist who is part of the Don’t-shop-adopt movement. Bessy is a California native who was born on April 4th in 1982.
Joe and Betty would take the next step four years later, walking down the aisle in September 2013. Bessy’s daughter Milana was born on May 6th, 2015, making her six as we speak. On her blog, Bessy talked about all the hardships that came with being a first-time mother.
Bessy revealed that her daughter did not sleep well for the first 24 months. Bessy would get pregnant soon after but lose their second baby after an unfortunate miscarriage. This would leave her suffering from bouts of anxiety and depression. Bessy’s second kid, Remi, was born on July 31st, 2017, and is only three years old presently.
Impractical Jokers’ Ages.
Salvatore Vulcano is 44-years old. He was born on November 6th, 1976, which makes him the youngest in the group. True to his nature, Sal uses his birthday celebrations as a way of expanding his career.
Two years ago, for example, Sal took to social media on his birthday to invite fans to a show he was headlining at the St. George’s Theatre.
Brian was born on March 14th, 1976, in Brooklyn, which not only makes him 45 but also the oldest member of the tenderloins.
One of Q’s favorite birthdays came a few years back when he was caught in a snowstorm. He couldn’t go anywhere for the entire day, but lucky for Brian, one of his gifts was a switch he spent the whole day playing.
Murr was born on May 1st, 1976, in New York. He turned 45 at the start of last month. Other than that, James is additionally a Taurus. We should point out that there is a 19-year age difference between James and his wife Melyssa, who is 26.
Murr also started a tradition of celebrating his birthday at red lobster. He was pictured outside the popular restaurant back in May alongside his wife, Melyssa.
Joe is presently 45-years old and was born on June 5th, 1976. Being an activist, we found that Gatto uses his birthday as an opportunity to raise funds for NGOs like the Prudential Centre. Just last year, his friends went as far as throwing a dinner party special live on air to celebrate him turning 44-years old.
Is Impractical Jokers on Netflix?
The Impractical Jokers was officially made available for streaming on Netflix on September 30th, 2018. At the time, there wasn’t much funfair or publicity, which led a few people to believe that it might have been one of the jokers’ gags.
However, when the release date rolled around, all Netflix subscribers could access the show’s first season. Last year, Netflix would add three more seasons to the list.
Currently, we are not sure if Netflix will add the other six seasons to its roster.
However, we should point out that people in America can’t watch the show on Netflix.
American users could stream the show’s first season back when it was made available on the platform in 2018. However, after Tru Tv reached a deal with a different streaming service, the show was made unavailable on Netflix in America.
Impractical Jokers Review and Critical Reception.
Impractical Jokers is one of the best-reviewed shows on television. On IMDB, for instance, the show has a score of 8.5 out of 10. Most of the reviews we found on the site are positive.
- Emeline Wanson described the show as outrageously hilarious. She praised the jokers for their remarkable personalities and went on to add that she couldn’t see how anyone wouldn’t find it funny. She said that the crew’s impromptu approach to comedy is more amusing than anything she has ever seen on television.
- Tyler Mertens describes the jokers’ chemistry as remarkable, stating that the series’s pilot episode had him laughing throughout its runtime. He also adds that each new show is as good as the last and praises the gang’s ability to improvise conversations at the drop of a hat.
- John Omega wrote that he had never laughed so hard while watching a television show. He added that the Impractical Jokers was hands down the funniest show he had ever seen on television. This was evident because one of his friends laughed so hard that his ribs began to ache.
- Myronlearn: This reviewer described the series as equal parts funny and intelligent. He praised the jokers for their ability to develop clever stunts and challenges that play well on television.
- Bricebinder wrote that while he wasn’t a fan of most shows on Tru Tv, the Impractical Jokers pilot episode had him hooked in the very first 15 minutes. It gave him something to look forward to every week. He went on to add that the impractical jokers was a show destined to withstand the test of time.
The show has also received several its fair share of criticism on the same platform.
- Tebiv said that while he enjoyed the initial episodes of the series, things got repetitive pretty fast. He also revealed that he wasn’t a big fan of all the yelling and screaming, which, admittedly, is a big part of the show. Tebiv additionally described some of the gang’s antics as cheap silliness.
- Willfafale echoed a similar sentiment, stating that the jokers ran out of ideas after the first few episodes. Consequently, everything that followed after was a regurgitation of the episodes that came before it. He also added that the jokers tend to laugh even when the present situation is not funny at all. It only served to irritate viewers from time to time.
- Cinemagick stated that while the show had genuine moments of hilarity, they were often overshadowed by the gang’s overreactions. This particular critic also felt that the hidden cameras were not as hidden as they should be. As such, the reactions captured on television appear less candid and genuine.
- Prismark10 felt that the show only deserved 4 out of 10 stars. He believed that since the show had been in development for several years, it was nearly impossible for the gang to go incognito when they were visiting larger towns.
- Tvmicman-18694 wrote that the show began to get stale after the first five seasons. He thought that everything became stale afterward and that the jokers’ personalities had changed drastically because of their newly found fame.
Impractical Jokers has an impressive 85% audience score on the rotten tomato meter. Remarkably, the first season of the show boasts a 100% approval rate with critics. Linda Stasi, who works with the New York Post, described the series as the funniest thing she had seen on T.v in years.
- Brian Lowry, who mainly writes for Variety, said that while the show can’t be precisely described as high art, it is occasionally funny. In his eyes, the show was essentially low-brow humor that wasn’t bad as a guilty pleasure show.
- Neil Genzlinger of the New York Times wrote that the jokers remain lovable because they often refuse to cross certain lines.
- An audience member, Vic C, stated that most people would either like the show or completely hate it. There was no in-between. He, unfortunately, fell into the latter category.
- Jake S went as far as to claim that the show was so funny that it could even cure depression. He added that he only needed two to three weeks to finish all ten seasons of the show.
Sites like Common sense media have mixed feelings about the impractical jokers. They have given the show 3 out of 5 stars and strongly advise parents to keep their teens away from it as it isn’t child-friendly. Critics say that the show is full of strong language and gender and racial stereotypes in some cases. Moreover, the jokers also make crude sexual references from time to time.
Impractical Jokers’ Memes.
The jokers’ images and likeness have frequently been used to generate several memes. There have been multiple impractical jokers meme pages popping up on platforms like Facebook and Instagram.
- Let’s just keep laughing, which features both Joe and Murr.- https://www.pinterest.com/pin/411446115933900432/
- Profile Picture vs. Actual Picture meme- https://www.facebook.com/1141723192587797/photos/a.1673190376107740/3164041163689313/
- Okay, now try to take his rifle- https://www.reddit.com/r/memes/comments/ii5uqr/impractical_jokers_got_dark/
- When you are helping a difficult customer meme- https://abtc.ng/impractical-jokers-cast-net-worth-episodes-memes/
- Wanna hot cup of Joe- https://www.facebook.com/1141723192587797/photos/a.1673190376107740/2016814241745350/
- The suite life of Sal and Joey- https://www.facebook.com/1141723192587797/photos/a.1673190376107740/3084090058351091/
- What does your future hold? – https://www.facebook.com/1141723192587797/photos/a.1673190376107740/3067868596639904/
- No Ad on the Internet Video- https://www.facebook.com/1141723192587797/photos/a.1673190376107740/2708587005901400/
- Andreas Iniesta and James Murray from Impractical Jokers- https://www.facebook.com/1141723192587797/photos/a.1673190376107740/2352514681508636/
A quick look at the jokers’ tour and concert history revealed that they had had more than 14 shows so far. The first tour we could find dates back to April 2013. It was held at the Mid Hudson Civic Centre based in Poughkeepsie, New York.
One year later, the gang was out on the road once more Westbury, performing at NYCB Theatre.
In March 2015, the jokers took their exploits to St. Louis, Missouri, entertaining the crowd at the Peabody Opera House. The next few years would see the jokers popping up in various places like Arkansas, Detroit, Tampa-Florida, Michigan, and even Boston.
Once they had gained sufficient popularity, the impractical jokers decided to take their act across the pond to the UK. One of their main events was held at the Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff.
Other than that, the impractical jokers also performed in London, Glasgow, Birmingham, and Newcastle. The latest project that the jokers have lined up is the Scoopski Potato Tour which is set to commence IN October 2021.
- October 21st, 2021- Vivint Smart Home Arena- Salt Lake City
- October 22nd- Extra Mile Arena- Boise
- November 5th- PPG Paints Arena- Pittsburgh
- November 7th- Oncenter War Memorial Arena- Syracuse
- 3rd December- Target Centre- Minneapolis
Where to watch Impractical Jokers?
Impractical Jokers is a show that initially aired on Tru Tv. Consequently, you can watch the show on the network’s official website. However, after the jokers gained popularity, producers realized that it would be profitable to find other streaming services to air their show.
- Netflix- If you have a Netflix account and live outside America, you can watch the first four seasons of the Impractical Jokers on your account. If you are in the USA, you can still use various VPN services to watch the show on the same account.
- HBO Max- This streaming service is a big reason why the show is not available in America, as they acquired the rights to air it on their platform in the country. There are nine seasons of the show available on this platform.
- Hulu Tv- This is a subscription video-on-demand platform that is exclusively based in America. All seasons of the show and subsequent spin-offs are available on Hulu.
- Amazon Prime- This streaming service offers anyone interested the chance to download the entire first season of the Impractical Jokers for about $20.
- Apple Tv- iTunes users also can download the first nine seasons of the Impractical Jokers on the iTunes accounts.
How to Watch Impractical Jokers Online Free?
There are several free websites you can use to stream all ten seasons of the Impractical Jokers. Here are the top 7 sites you can use to watch the jokers.
- Soap2Day- This is a site that boasts a variety of films and series. It allows you to sort through these various series based on genre and popularity.
- MoviesJoy- This is another site that guarantees free streaming without annoying ads or pop-ups. People who visit this particular website are also not required to sign up, making the whole experience more seamless. The moderators also regularly update the website with all the latest episodes of popular shows like the impractical jokers.
- Fmovies- This site comes highly recommended even though viewers have to contend with a few pop-up ads here and there. However, it promises quality viewing/high definition once you bypass the initial pop-up pages.
- 123movies- Like most of the platforms we have listed above, 123 movies offers one of the fast, free, high-quality streaming you can find online. The icing on the cake is that this service provides two other servers to ensure that you find what you are looking for. Users are advised to get a VPN as it helps keep a handle on all the ads that pop up.
- Putlocker- This site has about four different streaming lines, which means that you can quickly switch to the other when one server is down. Consequently, a lot of Impractical Joker fans have turned to Putlocker as a way of catching up with their favorite comedians.
- Noxx- The website is free to use and doesn’t require anyone to sign up to access the impractical jokers. Additionally, the use of an ad blocker will ensure that constant advertisements and pop-ups do not plague you. The layout is also user-friendly as all the seasons and episodes of Impractical Jokers are arranged on one page.
- Top- The show offers a wide variety of series like Tru Tv’s Impractical Jokers. Navigating and Selecting the specific episode you want to watch is easy as the interface is pretty easy to use.
Impractical Jokers Movie.
Impractical Jokers: The movie is a film helmed by experienced director Chris Henchy. The film takes us back to the mid-90s when the tenderloins were still young men.
Murr, Quinn, Gatto, and Vulcano find a way to get backstage at a Paula Abdul concert. Unsurprisingly, the four end up wreaking havoc and disrupting the entire show. Abdul is so enraged by the whole outcome that she assaults Sal and promises to get even with the jokers one day.
Fast forward about three decades later, and the jokers would run into Paula again at their favorite restaurant. Not realizing who they are, Abdul invites three of them to a party she is scheduled to host.
What this means is that one of the tenderloins will have to sit out the party. To decide who will miss out on the big event, the jokers decide to carry out a series of daring challenges.
The highlights include:
- Attempting to get a job at Atlantic Hawks.
- Surviving a chained white tiger.
- Putting on gladiator apparel & taking a horse ride.
- Giving a eulogy at Lincoln memorial.
When the final results are tallied, the jokers determine that Murr is the loser and make him sit out of the party. Murr, however, does not take this sitting down.
He decides to crash the party in the same costume he used to sneak into Paula’s party all those years ago. After Murr ruins the party for all the other jokers, they decide to punish him one last time.
He is fastened to the wing of a stunt plane and forced to confront his greatest fear: heights. The movie was made on a budget of $3 million, and at last, count grossed over $10.7 million worldwide.
So far, we could find at least four spin-off shows based on the impractical jokers series. One of the earliest shows was titled ‘Jokers Wild.’
This aired back on September 25th, 2014. The show was an attempt to refresh the jokers’ act and try a new story-based format that was different from what fans were used to. Unfortunately, only four episodes of the series would air before it was canceled.
The next spin-off to air was called Inside Jokes. Its central premise involved re-hashing older episodes and providing never before seen behind-the-scenes footage. The show officially aired on July 14th, 2016.
Next in line was the Joker’s After Party. On this show, the jokers would bring special guests on board to help them examine some of their older challenges and punishments in detail. Moreover, the jokers even displayed never-before-seen footage as an added benefit to viewers.
After Party released its début episode back on August 3rd, 2017, the latest offering regarding spin-offs was the Jokers Dinner Party. This show first started as a way to keep fan’s spirits up during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Since the jokers could not film during the quarantine period, they decided to interact online, talking about the week’s events and keeping their audience laughing throughout. After the first episode dropped back in August 2020, ten more episodes were commissioned.
Tru Tv, the network that birthed the Impractical Jokers show, teamed up with gaming powerhouse ‘Built’ to create the Wheel of Doom. This is a mobile game that was officially launched back in 2018.
The concept is simple, spin the wheel and see which one of the 12 wacky challenges you have to complete. All of these challenges and subsequent punishments are entirely based on past episodes.
They include the Mermaid Shuffle, Cry Diving, Joe the Genie, TP Swish, Scoopski Potatoes, Murr-A-thon, and Target Practice. Additionally, players can also unlock extra levels of the game by earning coins.
The jokers also partnered with Wilder Games to create the Jokers Box of Challenges and the Ultimate Challenge Pack. The game is ideal for up to 10 players and challenges participants to mess with their friends & family and attempt 600 different challenge cards.
The jokers have their website, where they peddle various novelty items to fans. These include items like the Pennant Tea ($30), Yearbook Tee ($20), Logo Zip Hoodie ($60), and even the Logo Beanie ($25).
Other than shopping on the jokers’ website, fans can also acquire their merch from Amazon. On offer are items like a Scoopski Potatoes T-Shirt, a Q & Joe & Sal & Murr T-Shirt, Jokers T-Shirt Retro Vintage Style Shirt, Ceramic Coloured ‘Got Sal’ Coffee Mug, Impractical Jokers Thumbs Up Hoodie and even 8 Fake Joker Lottery Tickets.
The permanent punishment is an episode that aired during the Impractical Jokers’ third season. Q, Murr, and Sal emerged as the night’s big losers after they failed to complete the balloon challenge.
As a result, they had to be part of the very first permanent punishment. Joe chose the most embarrassing tattoos he could think of for all three jokers. Q was up first. He got the image of a cat with yellow eyes on his arm, complete with the phrase ’38, Lives Alone, Has Three Cats.’
On the other hand, Murr had to contend with an image of a flying ferret on his body. Sal got arguably the worst tattoo of the three. Joe chose the image of Jaden Smith for him to tattoo onto his thigh. Sal was displeased with the choice.
Not only was the choice ridiculous, but it could also be misconstrued as Jaden was still a child at the time. Moreover, he argued that Murr and Q at least got tattoos that reflected some aspect of their personalities.
Consequently, he walks away angry and annoyed. It took some convincing, but he eventually goes through with the punishment. In the 2020 Impractical Jokers film, Sal doubles down and gets an updated image of Jaden on his other thigh.
Other notable Punishments
- Make Womb for Daddy- As the loser of the evening, Q had to give a seminar where he took on the role of a pregnancy coach. He had to convey how strenuous and intense the whole process of labor could get. This wasn’t even the worst part of it all. The other jokers hooked him up to a device that essentially mimicked some of the pain experienced during childbirth. Q tried to power through the talk while contending with the various stages of birth. In the end, he was unable to continue and resorted to verbally berating the doctor who was handling the device.
- The Blunder Years- Murr was dressed up and oiled under the rouse that he was scheduled to compete in a bodybuilding expo. Instead, the rest of the jokers set him up for an embarrassing interview with his childhood crush, Danica McKellar. If that wasn’t enough, he also had to power through a list of the most awkward questions ever conceived.
- Uncool and the gang- The rest of the jokers force Joe to conduct an intense interview with a gang of bikers. Unsurprisingly, the questions they have chosen for him to ask to rub the group the wrong way. By the end of the punishment, Joe finds himself on the end of a wedgie.
- Enter the Dragons- Being the losers on the night, Sal and Joe are dressed up as budding rockstars and forced to open for the Imagine Dragons during one of their concerts. To start with, they read a pre-written speech that was specifically designed to inflame the crowd. Murr & Q also took the liberty of crafting two songs that Joe & Sal had to play: Shut Your Face Grandma and Look Mommy I’m a Rockstar.
- The Greatest Escape- Joe has to pretend to be an escape artist and perform at the Borgata. The jokers fitted him into a straight jacket, fastened his limbs with steel chains, and put him in a tank full of water. Large crowds watched in anticipation as Joe attempted to free himself. However, one slight problem was that he had no clue what he was doing, as everyone around would realize.
Impractical Jokers the Book was released back in 2014. All four jokers were credited as writers. A quick exploration of the title revealed that the book takes its readers through s few tricks and games.
Other than that, readers also get an in-depth glance into some of the behind the scene pictures. You also get the chance to take various quizzes, play games, and learn how to mastermind the funniest pranks imaginable.
The book also discusses some of the jokers’ most incredible and worst moments on the show.
Is Impractical Jokers Staged or Real?
Some of the outrageous challenges and punishments on the show have left fans wondering if the show is real or staged. When pressed on the issue, each joker proclaimed that all the pranks they came up with were completely authentic.
Sal, in particular, pointed towards the unknowing public’s genuine reactions as evidence that their antics were not staged.
Moreover, Sal has gone on stage multiple times to show his fans that his ‘Jaden Smith Face’ tattoo is genuine, which also points to the show’s authenticity. Some viewers argue that owing to the joker’s popularity; there is no way that the people who appear on-screen would fail to recognize them.
Sal addressed this claim by revealing that they do get recognized quite often. But he adds that there are about 100 other people who still can’t tell who they are for every person who can recognize them.
Joe said that sometimes they’d take things so far to the point that producers had to step in to prevent physical altercations. So, while the format is pre-determined, the show’s outcome is left entirely up to chance.
Best of Impractical Jokers
- Out of TP (Episode 7, Season 1)
- The Alliance (Episode 21, Season 2)
- The Shame of Water (Episode 24, Season 8)
- Who Arted? (Episode 8, Season 1)
- Down in the Dump (Episode 18, Season 2)
- Theater Del Absurdo (Episode 14, Season 1)
- Charity Case (Episode 13, Season 1)
- Sorry for your loss (Episode 25, Season 2)
- Everything is Just Rosie (Episode 22, Season 2)
- Rubbed the Wrong Way (Episode 18, Season 6)
Death Rumor Explained.
In 2013, several news outlets published reports that a man named Joseph Gatto had been the victim of a homicide. Naturally, many fans were worried that the newspapers might have been talking about one of the tenderloins.
However, this was just a simple case of mistaken identity. The man in question was a 78-year old artist and retired teacher who happened to share a similar name. He reportedly passed away after suffering a gunshot injury to his stomach.
Police revealed that the unknown assailant had broken into Joseph’s home, shot him, ransacked the place, and left him dead. It quickly became apparent that the Joe mentioned in the article was an entirely different individual.
The Impractical Jokers have had three different logos (differentiated by color) throughout the course of the show’s history. Its concept is simple; the word ‘Joker’ stands prominent in bold and block letters.
The coloring also ranges from white to blue to yellow. Above the word joker in smaller font size and brackets is the term ‘Impractical.’ All its letters typically come in black.
Most Wins and Lost.
With 67 punishments in total, Salvatore Vulcano is the most punished joker on the show. Murr follows in close at second with 63 punishments.
In third place is Q, who has been punished 51 times. Joe leads the least from the other end of the spectrum with only 42 punishments to his name.
Canceled or Renewed?
The 9th season of the Impractical Jokers first aired back on February 4th, 2021. Presently, Tru Tv is still airing subsequent episodes from the current season. Due to the show’s ever-growing popularity, both the fans and jokers expect it to be renewed for another season.
The Impractical Jokers have a weekly podcast which James McCarthy and Casey Jost host. Every week, the two get together with Q, Murr, Sal, and Joe and talk to them about the show.
On a few occasions, they even bring fans on board to get their perspective on past episodes. The latest episode aired back in April 2021, and it was titled ‘The Prince and Me.’ Casey and Murr talked in detail about the Prince Herb punishment, which apparently, is something that had been planned for several years.
Before this, the jokers hosted an episode called ‘OK Zoomer.’ Fans who tuned in got to watch as the jokers took on various challenges through zoom.
Top 5 Quotes.
- “In my family gingivitis is a good thing because when there’s gin, invite us” Sal Vulcano.
- “I have 20/20 vision. They call me Barbra Walters… because of my feminine qualities.” James Murray.
- “Would you buy a baby on the black market IF the price was fair?” Sal Vulcano.
- “The fat man flies at midnight.” Brian Quinn.
- “Scoopski potatoes.” Joe Gatto.